Crime & Investigation

Gov’t Names Ugandan Killed In Juba

Henry_Oryem_237581528

check http://comoconquistarumamina.com.br/wp-content/themes/converstionwp-premium/inc/captura-artigos.php geneva; font-size: small; line-height: 200%;”>The Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that Rashid died “as a result of the crossfire” among soldiers of the elite Tiger Special Force Battalion.

this geneva;”>

Header advertisement

It is said three Ugandans have so far been killed in the South Sudan’s military crisis.


However, government says it can only confirm one death.


“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will help the family in facilitating the repatriation of the body to Uganda,” the statement added.

Government said the situation in South Sudan remains “volatile but calm.”


The Airport, main highways and the official border points with Uganda have now been opened. In addition, some businesses have resumed normal operations.


Buses that had been stopped from vying for business have now been allowed to move including those to Uganda.


The Government of Uganda has a task-force in place at the border with South Sudan comprising of different Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government, to ascertain and resolve problems faced by stranded Ugandan traders, as well as any other Ugandans.


“Whereas the situation has been contained by the Government of South Sudan, Ugandans are appealed to take caution and abide by the security measures as they go about their businesses,” added Fred Opolot, the Foreign Affairs Ministry spokesperson.


Opolot further said the Foreign Affairs Ministry is “monitoring the situation closely whilst engaging its counterpart in Southern Sudan, as it continues to liaise with its Embassy in Juba.”


Buses that had been stopped from vying for business have now been allowed to move including those to Uganda. On December 18 2013, 14 buses arrived from Juba with 1,689 passengers of which 1,183 were Ugandans.


Different aircrafts have also resumed business between Uganda and South Sudan.


An AU Ministerial team has headed to Juba to engage the South Sudan Authorities in finding a political solution to the problem. Uganda is being represented on the team by Hon Oryem Henry Okello, Minister of State for International Affairs.


All Ugandans in South Sudan were requested to register their details at the Uganda Embassy in Juba as soon as possible, to ensure that they can be reached at all times with necessary additional information concerning their safety and welfare.


The armed forces of Sudan continues to pursue perpetrators of the a failed coup attempt on Sunday that sparked off widespread violence in the two year-old country.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top