How Saints FC Clinched Crucial Win From VCC


In June this year, FMU suspended drivers, Geoffrey Nsamba, Duncan Mubiru, Nasser Mutebi and John Barrows Lumu from taking part in any of the federation’s activities including driving in a rally for six years.

However, the drivers under their umbrella, Uganda Motor Rally Drivers’ Club (UMRDC), took matters to court after involving the state minister for Sports, Hon Charles Bakkabulindi, without any success.

Geoffrey Nsamba, the legal adviser of the UMRDC, who is also one of the suspended drivers, told ChimpSport that they are challenging the federation on many issues.

On the contrary, the FMU president, George ‘Uncle’ Kagimu, remarked that “we left those issues to our lawyers and we hope they will handle them carefully and successfully”.

Meanwhile, Nasser Mutebi, another suspended driver who sued the motorsports federation, is still in Germany but confirmed that his absence can’t stop the court case from going on.

FMU claims that it suspended drivers for inciting other drivers not to taking part in the federation’s organised events hence tarnishing the federation’s good image.

The case has been adjourned to December this year.

viagra 40mg geneva; font-size: small; line-height: 200%;”>The Saints who had struggled for goals lately and had been dubbed draw specialists by sections of the media after drawing 4 games on the trot, found their rhythm with goals from Farook Kawooya who rounded the keeper to smash in just before halftime.

Half Time ended 1-0 to the home side. Upon resumption of play Innocent Kinyera silenced the crowd with a clever lob that beat Saints Keeper Mustafa Kasule.

Saints Coach Mark Twinamatsiko pulled off Seif Ali Khamis and handed Bukenya Alex Kitata his home debut. Kitata has been injured since the opening weekend in October and within minutes of coming on, he scored to make it 2-1.

Brian Mutebi missed a gloroius chance but Kitata turned provider for Kawooya who beat the towering VCC keeper Stephen Okot in the air for his second of the evening and third for The Saints. Kawooya has now scored FOUR times for the Saints.

Nicholas Odong, on for Tonny Magala beat the entire defense but his final effort was saved by the keeper. VCC until two games ago had gone five games without defeat but have now lost twice in three games.

The win, the first for the Saints at their home ground, lifted them to fourth on the table.

In the other Rwenzori group match, Mutundwe Lions defeated Artland K 2-0.

Mutundwe Lions under new coach Joseph Mutyaba have now won three games in a row and next host The Saints on Saturday at Lubiri. The match played at Lubiri SS ground, was witnessed by FUFA president Moses Magogo and the win lifted Lions to third on the table on 11 points.


Header advertisement
To Top