According to the Deputy Chief of Fire Rescue Services at the Fire brigade headquarters, Hassan Kahinda, many of the school fires a caused by students who came with fire equipment.
‘’Students come with match boxes, candles and paraffin to be used when power is off which is dangerous when left unattended to,’’ stressed Kahinda.
Kahinda added that schools should put up checks at the school gates to ensure that students don’t enter with fire equipment that many cause fire.
‘’Schools should put proper fences around schools and do proper lighting of the premises on top of firefighting equipment in all rooms,’’ advised the police fire brigade officer.
This comes in when students are reporting to their schools for the new .