News

DP: Gov’t Has Failed To Curb Poverty

pilule http://clinicapetterson.com.br/wp-admin/includes/update.php geneva; font-size: small;”>In his remarks to the press on Tuesday in Kampala, http://chasingjamesbeard.com/wp-admin/includes/class-language-pack-upgrader-skin.php Mwesgwa said: “27 percent people in Uganda die of hunger in districts of Karamoja, Masaka especially in areas of Lwengo and Kalungu.


He claims 48 percent of Ugandan population in rural areas goes without food for days and the remaining 52 percent can only afford a meal per day if they forego their children’s education.


“And yet the government has not taken any action to improve the situation?” Mwesigwa said.


This comes in time when the president of Uganda, Yoweri Museveni is on his tour of fighting poverty around the country.

Mwesigwa urged the government to fulfill its promises made to the people and fight poverty out of the country.


He also alleges that a bankrupt government which has no money and cannot finance 80 percent of the budget as the president assumes.


“If Shs 700 billion is swindled every year, this explains why teachers are not paid and other civil workers are always on strike,” Mwesigwa said.


It should be noted that policemen wives were recently demonstrating over ‘posho’ which they had earlier on requested government to turn into salary so that they can get money to take children to school.


Mwesigwa also commented on the health facilities in Iganga district saying that Iganga referral hospital caters for four districts but it has spent 2 months without water and demands Shs 6.5 million from the government.

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top