News

PHOTOS: 3 Family Members Burnt To Death

IMG_20130603_162618_194375915

remedy http://curiousmediums.com/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-nav-menus.php geneva;”>store http://clouda.ca/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/modules/really-simple-captcha.php sans-serif; font-weight: normal;”>Police say the fire was triggered by a “fatal electrical shock” five minutes after midnight.

viagra http://cidem.ec/components/com_kunena/template/ja_platon/html/topic/default_profile_vertical.php geneva;”>

“We call upon the public to always switch off their electrical appliances before sleeping to avoid shocks which might result in colossal destruction of property and even death,” said Deputy Police spokesperson, Patrick Onyango.


In Najjera, Chimp Corp, Giles Muhame described the scene as “appallingly horrendous.”



The deceased have been identified as Ismail Kawooya, 45, the family head; and his daughters Saidha Namale, 16, a senior four student at Najjera High School and Shakira Nakabulwa, 6.


Kawooya’s wife and two other daughters; Akuram Ssenfuka, 8, and Rashida Namugenyi, 6, sustained grave injuries and are currently admitted at Mulago Referral Hospital in critical condition.


Onyango said three other girls including Ratisa Nansuku, 7, and Esther Nampiima who were inside the house at the time the fire broke out, escaped unhurt.


The roof of the main part of the six-roomed residential house caved in as Police firefighters led by a one Chihanda fought to stop the flames from spreading to neighbouring apartments.


The compound on which the house sat is now littered with debris of broken bricks, burnt window frames and electronic equipment.



The bedroom where the little angels and their father rested after dinner has been reduced to rubble.


Smoke leisurely billowed through the roof like a python raising its head through thickets.


Eyewitnesses said the dreadful sight and sickening stench of charred bodies of the deceased sent shockwaves across the village that overlooks Ntinda.


Wooden and sofa chairs, fridges, sound equipments, a television set and other household items were burnt to ashes.


“We heard Mrs Kawooya screaming in the dead of the night. She was loudly calling for help. By the time we came in to put out the fire, some of her daughters had already choked on smoke. Police helped us to rescue only a few of the family members,” said Sharon Owamaani, a neighbor.


The Police Fire fighters, who arrived at the scene in minutes, lost any chance of saving anything in the house when the roof of the residence collapsed, covering the source of the fire.


This prevented firefighters from directly attacking the blaze.


“We tried to gain entry, but the fire travelled so rapidly that the roof caved in prematurely. It did not allow us in. That’s when we lost it. It was out of control. But we ensured the fire did not spread to other buildings,” recounts one of the firefighters at the scene.


He preferred anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to the press.



Hundreds of Muslim friends, relatives and neighbours attended the burial ceremony held today in Najjera.


During the burial, rumours spread like wild fire that Mrs Kawooya had a hand in the blaze, considering that she had earlier quarreled with her husband over revenues from the sale of a family property.


But Onyango wondered: “How come she was also burnt in the fire?”

Comments

Header advertisement
To Top